Tuesday 28 January 2014

The Gift of Uncertainty

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” ― Margaret Drabble
All we know in our lives is just a perception, an opinion and it's always based on our previous experiences. So I ask myself: is there anything absolute out there? Because circumstances define, things change in a heartbeat, people come into our lives and walk away.

But as it turns out, this uncertainty can be the biggest comfort. Everything is relative: by choosing to look at the bright, beautiful part of everything, to smile when the odds are against me, to laugh when things don't turn out the way I expected them to, I didn't ignore the realities of life. Instead I learned to enjoy surprises and just let go. Let go, because if it doesn't work out, it means something better will come along, as life has a wicked sense of humor.

Learning to enjoy uncertainty was not a cake-walk, but when I really understood, that everything is really possible, I felt like a kid in a candy shop (make it a marshmallow shop, just to be sure).

I'm writing this from the city that held the craziest surprises for me, the one I hated and loved while living here last year, but turned out that has given me the possibilities to the life I really wanted. It is one home away from home.

A great unknown song, one of my favorites, that expresses this idea perfectly. Change by White Plastic Tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment