Sunday 2 March 2014

Citizen of the world

"Be brave enough to live creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition." - Alan Alda
Far gone are the times, when we were meant to live in one city, be born - live - and die in the place that defined our possibilities. I lived in a few cities, far less than I wish I had, but new beginnings are the only pure things left nowadays. Starting fresh, without memories, mistakes and previous choices sounds great, doesn't it? But it's not that easy, because nobody can promise you that it's going to be better, just that it is going to be different and new. Brand spanking new!

So if you are looking for a fresh start, a clean slate, my advice would be to just pack up and go! Don't look back, build yourself that new life and know, that if this doesn't work out, you are not sentenced to live there for the rest of your life. I'm not a fan of quitting, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on.

I moved back to my home town 18 months ago, and it turned out better than I expected it to. I love living here, but I feel like I have to go again, start new, build from ground zero. It's like a burning desire, just telling me to try a new city, get lost on the streets, feel the joy of finding new places, meeting new people. I haven't decided when I'm going to go, or where, but it's there, among all those plans I know I have to make come true.

It's really not that hard, if you are used to packing up, leaving and feeling at home in rooms you've never seen, liking street you've never wandered on before... and mostly, if you feel there is nothing really keeping you here, in the present. No need to be melodramatic about this: it gives me the kind of freedom most people only dream about. My only questions remain: when and where to?


No comments:

Post a Comment